Board of Supervisors Meeting ~ May 24, 2022
Welcome to the podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
The Board recognized:
- Fairfax County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Scott Brabrand for his years of service to the community.
- The student recipients of the 2021-22 Shark Tank Technology Challenge.
The Board designated:
- June 3, 2022, as Gun Violence Awareness Day.
- May 2022 as Older Americans Month.
The Board approved the following administrative items:
- Designate an individual as a Plans Examiner to participate in the Expedited Land Development Review Program.
- “Watch for Children” signs as part of the Residential Traffic Administration Program—Belle View Boulevard in the Mt. Vernon District.
- A public hearing to amend and readopt Fairfax County Code Sections to relocate a polling place and rename precincts in the Hunter Mill, Mt. Vernon and Springfield Districts.
- An authorization to advertise a public hearing to consider an ordinance to amend and readopt Fairfax County Code to establish additional voter satellite offices at Richard Byrd Library and Lorton Community Center and remove the voter satellite office at Laurel Hill Golf Club.
- A supplemental appropriation resolution for the Department of Family Service to accept American Rescue Plan Act Funding from Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services to address the needs of older adults.
- An authorization for the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services to apply for and accept grand funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for supplemental funding association with the Head Start/Early Head Start and Early Head Start Child Care Partnership and expansion grants for cost-of-living adjustment and quality improvement funding.
The Board approved the following action items:
- A Head Start Transportation Waiver request for the continuation of Fairfax County Public Schools 2022-2023 Transportation Services.
- An authorization for the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority to issue multifamily housing revenue bonds or notes to provide supplemental financing for each four percent component of the Residences at North Hill.
- An authorization to accept maintenance of county-owned transit facilities as part of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project operations and maintenance agreement.
- An authorization to execute a multiple year project agreement with the Department of Rail and Public Transportation for the Transit Ridership Incentive Program.
The Board held public hearings and approved:
- A proposal to vacate and abandon portions of Quander Road/Route 630 in the Mt. Vernon District.
- A proposal to vacate and abandon a portion of Rolling Hills Avenue/Route 1201 in the Lee District.
That’s all for this podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, thanks for listening. For more information about the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, including full meeting minutes and documents, visit the county Web site: www.fairfaxcounty.gov. This podcast is produced by the Fairfax County, VA, government.