Fairfax County Bicycle Program
Latest News and Updates
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for a Pedestrian and Bicycle Traffic Counter in Reston Set for April 27
- Friday, May 20 is Bike to Work Day - Registration Now Open!
- Proposed Braddock District Bike Lanes - Comments Accepted through May 3
- Bikeshare Locations Selected in Tysons and Reston
- Bike and Pedestrian Projects Approved for Silver Line, North County Commuters
Sign up for news and info via text or email! Sign up at Fairfax Alerts! by selecting “Bicyclist and Pedestrian Information” under the “Department of Transportation” main category. Have questions, comments or ideas? Call us at (703) 324-BIKE (2453) or use our contact form.
Metrorail Silver Line Access Improvement Projects
See the plans to improve access to Metro stations in Tysons and Reston.
Fairfax Phone App
On the go? No problem! Learn how to download Bike Fairfax on your smart phone.
Did you know that all Fairfax Connector buses are equipped with front mounted bike racks? Take your bike with you when taking the bus!
East Station Bike Room
Don't miss out, sign up to be a member of this secure facility!
Lockers for Rent
Now available at Burke and Backlick Road VRE Stations; and Reston South, Herndon-Monroe and Sunset Hills Park and Ride lots.
Projects and Initiatives
- Reston and Tysons Bikeshare
- Braddock District Bike Lanes
- Mason District Bike Lanes
- Vienna Metrorail Bicycle Access Study
- VDOT 2016 Northern Virginia Summer Repaving Program Map (Interactive)
- More projects >
- VDOT Summer 2015 Repaving Program Archive for Fairfax County Projects
- Fairfax County Bicycle Parking Guidelines
- Fairfax County Bicycle Master Plan
- Bicycle Safety and Helmets
In 2006 the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the comprehensive bicycle initiative, a program committed to making Fairfax County bicycle friendly. Four primary components of this initiative include the following: creating a county bicycle route map, establishing a full-time staff position devoted to bicycle facility coordination, planning, and implementation, examining roads and streets that may accommodate on-road bike lanes with minimal reconstruction and establishing a pilot program for an interconnected bicycling network. Program responsibilities have been assigned to the Fairfax County Department of Transportation.