Fairfax County Bicycle Program
Latest News and Updates
- Community Meeting for Proposed Springfield District and Braddock District Bicycle Improvements Set for Jan. 24, 2017
- Community Meeting for Proposed Mason District Bicycle Improvements Set for Jan. 31, 2017
- Bikeshare Opens in Tysons and Reston Oct. 21, 2016
- SafeTrack Information for Bicyclists
Sign up for news and info via text or email! Sign up at Fairfax Alerts! by selecting “Bicyclist and Pedestrian Information” under the “Department of Transportation” main category. Have questions, comments or ideas? Call us at (703) 324-BIKE (2453) or use our contact form.
Fairfax County Bicycle
Find the most desirable routes and major trails in Fairfax County.
- Bike Rooms
Lockers for Rent
Now available at Burke and Backlick Road VRE Stations; and Reston South, Herndon-Monroe and Sunset Hills Park and Ride lots.
Did you know that all Fairfax Connector buses are equipped with front mounted bike racks? Take your bike with you when taking the bus!
- FCPS Safe Routes to School
- Bike to School Day (May 10, 2017)
- Bike to Work Day (May 19, 2017)
Encourage a more welcoming atmosphere for bicycling employees, customers and the community
Challenge (annually May 1-Sept. 30)
Get rewarded for bicycling! Compete against coworkers, friends and family, earn points and win prizes.
Projects and Initiatives
- Reston and Tysons Bikeshare
Metrorail Silver Line Access Improvement Projects
See the plans to improve access to Metro stations in Tysons and Reston.
- 2016 Repaving Projects with Bike & Pedestrian Improvements
- More projects >
- VDOT 2016 Northern Virginia Summer Repaving Program Map (Interactive)
- VDOT Summer 2015 Repaving Program Archive for Fairfax County Projects
- Fairfax County Bicycle Parking Guidelines
- Fairfax County Bicycle Master Plan
- Bicycle Safety and Helmets
In 2006 the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the comprehensive bicycle initiative, a program committed to making Fairfax County bicycle friendly. Four primary components of this initiative include the following: creating a county bicycle route map, establishing a full-time staff position devoted to bicycle facility coordination, planning, and implementation, examining roads and streets that may accommodate on-road bike lanes with minimal reconstruction and establishing a pilot program for an interconnected bicycling network. Program responsibilities have been assigned to the Fairfax County Department of Transportation.