Fairfax County Bicycle Program
Latest News and Updates
- Little River turnpike Bicycle Study - Community Meeting Set for Sept. 26
- SafeTrack Information for Bicyclists
- Bikeshare Locations Selected in Tysons and Reston
- Bikeshare Seeking Fairfax County station recommendations - pin your desired location today!
- Bike and Pedestrian Projects Approved for Silver Line, North County Commuters
Sign up for news and info via text or email! Sign up at Fairfax Alerts! by selecting “Bicyclist and Pedestrian Information” under the “Department of Transportation” main category. Have questions, comments or ideas? Call us at (703) 324-BIKE (2453) or use our contact form.
Fairfax County Bicycle
Find the most desirable routes and major trails in Fairfax County.
- Bike Rooms
Lockers for Rent
Now available at Burke and Backlick Road VRE Stations; and Reston South, Herndon-Monroe and Sunset Hills Park and Ride lots.
Did you know that all Fairfax Connector buses are equipped with front mounted bike racks? Take your bike with you when taking the bus!
- Bike to Work Day (Friday May 20, 2016)
Encourage a more welcoming atmosphere for bicycling employees, customers and the community
Get rewarded for bicycling! Compete against coworkers, friends and family, earn points and win prizes.
Projects and Initiatives
- Reston and Tysons Bikeshare
Metrorail Silver Line Access Improvement Projects
See the plans to improve access to Metro stations in Tysons and Reston.
- Ashgrove Trail Extension Project
- Braddock District Bike Lanes
- Little River Turnpike Study
- Mason District Bike Lanes
- Scott's Run Trail
- Proposed Southrun Road Bike Lanes
- Vesper Trail Project
- Vienna Metrorail Bicycle Access Study
- VDOT 2016 Northern Virginia Summer Repaving Program Map (Interactive)
- More projects >
- VDOT Summer 2015 Repaving Program Archive for Fairfax County Projects
- Fairfax County Bicycle Parking Guidelines
- Fairfax County Bicycle Master Plan
- Bicycle Safety and Helmets
In 2006 the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved the comprehensive bicycle initiative, a program committed to making Fairfax County bicycle friendly. Four primary components of this initiative include the following: creating a county bicycle route map, establishing a full-time staff position devoted to bicycle facility coordination, planning, and implementation, examining roads and streets that may accommodate on-road bike lanes with minimal reconstruction and establishing a pilot program for an interconnected bicycling network. Program responsibilities have been assigned to the Fairfax County Department of Transportation.