Input Needed on Field Allocation Policy Changes
- Profit, non-profit, not-for-profit (p. 5 sec. IV, L and R)
Insurance (p. 7 sec. V, B, c)
- As a condition for permitting, a requirement of insurance can be established. A threshold of applicability must be established. EX. All athletic leagues and/or sports organizations must have insurance, whether for one-time use or for extended, seasonal use. A group of individuals may apply for use without proof of insurance. FCPS and FCPA has the requirement.
- As a condition of permitting, county attorneys do not recommend having a background check requirement. If the state initiates legislation that says otherwise county will revisit.
- For the Volunteer Gym Monitor and the Volunteer Field Monitor program, NCS can provide training but the individual sports organization is actually providing the monitor; as such sports league or organization should be responsible for acknowledging the background check for the monitor if back ground checks become a requirement.
- Synthetic turf (discussion no changes)
- New and emerging sports (p. 10 and 12 table 3 and 5)
- Tournaments (discussion no changes)
- Allocate based on number of teams (with a minimum roster size) instead of by participants
- Priority scheduling for youth/adult groups based on being a Certified Athletic Organization (CAO)
A draft of the proposed revised policy can be found here.
Please email email@example.com with your comments and suggestions by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 12, and they will be shared with the subcommittee.
Thank you for your continued dedication and support.
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs, services and activities. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request. For more information, call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.