Grant award may be used for:
The Active and Thriving Communities Grant program was approved by the Board of Supervisors to help certain small businesses and nonprofit organizations; including child care programs; and community-based organizations affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Grant award can be used for personnel costs, rent, mortgage, utilities, facilities maintenance and insurance; COVID mitigation such as PPE, cleaning, and other health and safety practices; equipment and supplies and good and services.
- Dedicated grant webpage for Active and Thriving Communities Grant Program that includes eligibility requirements and a frequently asked question section.
- Informational webinar for child care programs interested in applying for the grant presented on August 24, 2021
• Watch the Recording in English
• Program Briefing in English
• Watch the Recording in Spanish
• Program Briefing in Spanish
- Applications will be accepted August 31 through September 21, 2021 through an online portal. Applications will be available in English and Spanish. Translation support will be provided.
Fairfax County Equitable School Readiness Strategic Plan
The Fairfax County Equitable School Readiness Strategic Plan lays out a vision and roadmap for ensuring that all young children in Fairfax County have the supports they need to be successful in school and beyond. Download the plan here.
(Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-8100 or TTY 711.)