Countywide Dialogue on Transportation
What Can You Do?
- Projects: View unfunded transportation projects being considered for Fairfax County.
- Engage: View public meetings calendar and see other ways to engage.
- Documents : View maps and other related documents for this project.
- The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has asked the county’s Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) to work with county staff to engage county residents and businesses in a dialogue about unfunded transportation projects in Fairfax County. The results of this dialogue will assist the Board of Supervisors in selecting transportation priorities that can be addressed with new and existing revenue sources through Fiscal Year 2020..
- The County has identified nearly two hundred capital and operating projects important for maintaining or improving a safe and efficient transportation network. These projects are in addition to projects that are already funded and in progress. These unfunded projects provide -new capacity, and include interchange improvements, roadway extensions, spot improvements, roadway widening projects, transit, and pedestrian and bicycle improvements.
- The Board of Supervisors would like community feedback on this list of unfunded projects. View an interactive map of the projects to learn details about each project, and then complete the online survey to indicate the projects which are most important to you.
As a result of the Countywide Dialog on Transportation effort, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has approved a list of priority projects for the next six years (FY2015-20).