News & Updates
Public Hearing Held March 17, 2016; Public Comments Accepted Through March 27, 2016
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) held a design public hearing on Thursday, March 17, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Reston Community Center at Hunter Woods, 2310 Colts Neck Road, Reston.
A new pedestrian bridge is being planned to improve vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian access near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station as noted in Reston Metrorail Access Group’s (RMAG) plan.The bridge will be located on the W&OD Trail and extend over Wiehle Avenue replacing the existing at-grade crossing. The new bridge will accommodate both the gravel path and asphalt W&OD Trail at this location. Minor roadway, sidewalk and median modifications will be made to Wiehle Avenue at this location to accommodate the bridge. Several utility relocations will be required for the project site along with the installation of drainage and stormwater management features.
Tentative Project Schedule
- Public Hearing Winter 2016
- NEPA Document Completion Winter 2016
- Public Hearing Design Approval Spring 2016
- Land Acquisition Completion Spring 2018
- Final Design Approval Winter 2018
- Utility Relocation Completion Summer 2019
- Wiehle Avenue at the W&OD Trail Plans
- Project Information Sheet
- Bridge Renderings
- Exhibit for 3% vertical grade option
- Exhibit for 5% vertical grade option
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711.