Countywide Dialogue on Transportation: Projects by Type
Roadway: Spot or
- Improvements to a single location/intersection or a series of intersections that is not considered to be a major road widening.
- Infrastructure improvements needed to provide increased or new transit service throughout the county.
- Services that include the operations side of transit. This includes increasing the number of buses on a route, increasing the time that the route operates, or adding new routes.
- The addition of travel lanes to a roadway to increase capacity and reduce congestion. All widening projects will include a complete streets blueprint to include bicycle and pedestrian improvements, new transit facilities, bus shelters, pads, and bus pull offs.
- New roadway construction that extends and connects to the existing roadway network.
- Intersection improvements that include some type of grade separation as the solution to the delays at the intersection or a redesign of the interchange that is currently at the location.
- The Fairfax County Bicycle Master Plan is used as a guide to developing new projects such as bike lanes, sidewalks, and trails.