Residential Permit Parking - Diplomat

If you are a diplomat with an out-of-state driver’s license and reside within a Residential Permit Parking District (RPPD) and you are driving your own out-of-state vehicle, you can apply for a parking permit for the vehicle.

Your vehicle must be registered at the Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration (DTA) as ‘GARAGED’ at your RPPD address. You will be asked to provide the DTA vehicle property number on your RPPD application.

Apply online indicating the exception for yourself as ‘OTHER” and the exception for the vehicle as ‘OTHER’.

Note the generated RPPD vehicle tracking number and include it with the required additional documents.

Required Documents:

  • Copy of your driver’s license
  • Copy of your vehicle registration
  • Copy of diplomatic ID
  • Copy of your lease or mortgage statement to verify your address

Submit documents by:

(703) 877-5776


U. S. Mail:
Fairfax County DOT, Attention RPPD
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2895


Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2016

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version