Residential Permit Parking - Unemployed Full Time College/University Student
If you are a full-time unemployed college/university student that resides within a Residential Permit Parking District (RPPD), you can apply for a parking permit for the vehicle even if it belongs to someone else.
When you apply online, select the exception for yourself as 'OTHER'.
If you do not own the vehicle, set the vehicle exception to 'OTHER'.
Note the email generated 'tracking number' for the vehicle during your online application session and include it with your required documentation.
- Copy of your driver's license (if out-of-state)
- Copy of the vehicle registration (if out-of-state)
- Letter from your institution's registrar that states that you are enrolled as a full time student during the (current) school year
- Copy of your lease
- Landlord contact information (email and phone)
- If you are registering a vehicle that is owned by someone else submit the Student using others vehicle form
Submit documents by:
U. S. Mail:
Fairfax County DOT, Attention RPPD
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2895