Residential Permit Parking - Unemployed Full Time College/University Student

If you are a full-time unemployed college/university student that resides within a Residential Permit Parking District (RPPD), you can apply for a parking permit for the vehicle even if it belongs to someone else.

When you apply online, select the exception for yourself as 'OTHER'.

If you do not own the vehicle, set the vehicle exception to 'OTHER'.

Required Documents (resubmitted annually):

  • Copy of your driver's license (if out-of-state)
  • Copy of the vehicle registration (if out-of-state)
  • Letter from your institution's registrar that states that you are enrolled as a full time student during the (current) school year
  • Copy of your lease
  • Landlord contact information (email and phone)
  • If you are registering a vehicle that is owned by someone else submit the Student using others vehicle form

Submit documents by:

(703) 877-5776


U. S. Mail:
Fairfax County DOT, Attention RPPD
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, VA 22033-2895


Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2016

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version