Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer Training
Training is reserved for volunteers of the Fairfax MRC. To volunteer now, please complete this application. You will receive an email formally accepting you into the program with further instructions on how to sign up for training. For more information call 703-246-8641, TTY 711 or email us.
Basic training is mandatory for all volunteers to participate in any MRC-related activity. Basic training for Fairfax MRC volunteers includes:
- MRC 101: Orientation, offered monthly.
- FEMA IS-700: National Incident Management System (NIMS); An introduction offered online.
- FEMA IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System; offered online.
- More online training opportunities
After basic training, MRC volunteers are eligible to attend more focused trainings, including:
- Safety Officer Orientation
- Advanced ICS FEMA courses
- Training through the Virginia Department of Health. Past sessions have included such topics as Radiological and Nuclear Response, Hurricane Preparedness, and Influenza in Virginia.