Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development's FY 2010 Affordable Housing Request for Proposals (RFP)
Deadline to Apply for Funding: 1 p.m. Friday, April 9, 2010
The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) announces the availability of funds of up to a total of $427,345 under the federal Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) and Community Development Block Grant-Recovery (CDBG-R) Program.
Project proposals are being solicited from eligible non-profits to:
- Acquire (foreclosed only) and/or rehabilitate (existing and foreclosed) units to be used for affordable housing
- Rehabilitate existing units owned by the non-profit applicant to make needed improvements that could include accessibility, energy efficiencies or other capital needs that have been deferred due to lack of adequate funding
For foreclosed units, additional rehabilitation funds may be available through HCD’s existing Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP) in the form of rehabilitation loans up to 10% of the current market appraised value; provided that the sum of the amounts of the first trust (if applicable) and loan funds under this RFP and the HILP loan do not exceed 110% of the current market appraised value.
Preference will be given to projects serving:
- Persons with disabilities
- Very-low income households (at or below 50% Area Median Income (AMI))
- Housing First which provides people who are homeless permanent housing first, along with supportive services, instead of placing them into shelters
- Projects that can be completed by the non-profit applicant within a three-month timeframe upon receipt of funding award
Applications are being accepted through Friday, April 9, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. at the 1st Floor Reception Desk, Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development, 3700 Pender Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. An original and four copies must be submitted. Proposals received after 1:00 p.m. on April 9, 2010 will be evaluated and awarded on a first come, first served basis until all remaining funds, if any, are obligated, or no later than July 30, 2010. To view the Request for Proposals, click here. To view the FY 2010 RFP Application, click here.
Please contact Kehinde Powell, Housing Community Developer at 703-246-5117 Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) 3700 Pender Drive, Fairfax 22030, for more information. (TTY: 703-385-3578)