Consumer Services Division

CONTACT INFORMATION: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
703-222-8435 TTY 711
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 433
Fairfax, VA 22035


File a Complaint
If you are a tenant with an unresolved dispute with a landlord, you can file a complaint online, download a complaint form, or contact the Consumer Affairs Branch. If you are a landlord you can contact us for advice and available resources.

Complaints are resolved through voluntary mediation. When you file a tenant-landlord complaint, a consumer specialist will be assigned to your case. The consumer specialist will mediate the complaint between the tenant and landlord, and try to negotiate a resolution that is satisfactory to both parties.

Publications, Brochures, Checklists, and Videos
Frequently Asked Questions

The Fairfax County Office of Human Rights and Equity Programs (OHREP) receives and investigates fair housing complaints by any person who believes they have been discriminated against in Fairfax County on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, source of funds or disability. More information can be found here and on the OHREP’s website.



Fairfax Virtual Assistant