Up to $8.8 Million Available for Affordable Housing Development
Reminder: Two Weeks Left! - Application Deadline November 14,
Request for Proposal (RFP) for FY 2015 Affordable Housing Funds Available
Clarification to Required Documentation
IMPORTANT: The Affordable Housing Partnership Program
(AHPP) application has been updated to clarify that evidence of area
Supervisor notification is required; this is consistent with the funding
announcement. The previous version of the AHPP application incorrectly
stated that a letter of Supervisor support was required. Click
here to see ADDENDUM No. 1.
A total of up to $8.8 million in local and federal funds for the development of affordable housing in Fairfax County.
The available funding is provided to further the goals of the FY 2015 Housing Blueprint.
There are two separate applications:
- Multifamily Projects (six or more units) will apply via the Fairfax County Affordable Housing Partnership Program (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/rha/ahpp.htm). Click here for more information. Multifamily projects are expected to use combination with other sources such as private equity and financing and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to successfully complete proposed projects. IMPORTANT NOTE: The AHPP application and guidelines have now been posted to the AHPP webpage at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/rha/ahpp.htm .
- Scattered Site Projects (five units or fewer) will apply utilizing the application materials available here. Scattered site projects using federal funding must serve seniors, the homeless and persons with disabilities, with a preference for projects serving persons in these populations with extremely low incomes (30 percent of Area Median Income and below). Projects serving senior/homeless and/or persons with disabilities with extremely low incomes may be considered for 100 percent funding. Further information is available here.
The revised RFP for FY 2015 affordable housing funds now includes changes that will better meet the needs of industry. Key changes include:
- Income Targets: Incomes to be served are now targets, no longer requirements.
- Revised Per Unit Subsidy: The $50,000 per unit subsidy is now a target, no longer a requirement.
- Scoring Sheet: HCD revised the scoring sheet for the Affordable Housing Partnership Program and Multi-family Housing application. Click here to view the scoring sheet.
- Application Deadline: Application timeframe is no longer on the rolling basis. Deadline for submitting an application is November 14 at 4 p.m. All applications will be evaluated at the same time; no longer on a first come, first serve basis.
Experienced developers have from now until 4 p.m. November 14, 2014 to submit their application to HCD.