CSB Fees for Services
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is committed to providing the highest level of service and quality care. Our focus is on serving individuals most in need and those with limited financial resources.
The CSB seeks to partner with individuals, families and the community to empower and support Fairfax-Falls Church residents with or at risk of developmental delay, intellectual disability, mental illness, and alcohol or drug abuse or dependency.
More About Our Services
Below you will find information on:
- Services provided by the CSB
- Payment for services
- Setting your fee and what to bring to your initial visit
- Need to charge fees and availability of subsidies
- Past due and delinquent accounts
- Where to call if you have feedback or questions about the cost of services and your fees
The CSB’s Reimbursement for Services Policy ensures that every service has a cost and a source of funding. What a person pays depends on their ability to pay, based on the CSB’s Ability to Pay Scale and/or whether they have insurance. Additional details and answers to your questions will be explained when you meet with our staff.
- Engagement, Assessment and Referral
- Jail- and Court-Based
- Emergency/Acute Care
- Outpatient Clinical and Psychiatric
- Community Based School Transition
- Residential Treatment
- Therapeutic Residential
- Intensive Community Treatment
- Community Residential and Contractual
- Supportive Residential
- Intensive Service / Support Coordination
- Employment and Day Support
- We ask that you make some payment each time you receive services. You will not be refused services just because you can't pay for them.
- If you are unable to pay the full cost of services, you may ask our Revenue Management Team staff to reevaluate your ability to pay. A subsidy using local or state revenue may be granted.
- If you have insurance you must provide the necessary information to allow the CSB to bill for services. You will be responsible for paying the deductible and co-insurance amounts specified by your insurance company for your plan’s mental health and/or substance abuse services. If you refuse or fail to provide us with your insurance information, you will be charged the full fee.
- Outstanding account balances, including unpaid insurance deductible and co-insurance amounts, will be billed at the end of each month.
- We place a high value on your time. However, if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify your case manager/therapist at least 24 hours in advance. If you fail to provide us with a 24 hour notice of cancellation or fail to keep your scheduled appointment, a $25 charge will be assessed.
During your initial visit, you will meet with staff from either our Financial Assessment and Screening Team or Revenue Management Team. In preparation for this visit, please gather the following information and bring it with you to your appointment. The CSB has several fiscal initiatives designed to help you manage your healthcare expenses.
- Two recent pay stubs for self and spouse (if married) and/or a copy of your last year’s income tax return form
- Valid driver’s license and/or proof of residency
- Insurance information and Medicaid, Medicare card if you have one
- If available, the name, address and telephone number of your current primary care physician and/or therapist.
After the initial meeting, you may be asked to provide additional documents.
Fees are charged to offset the cost of providing treatment services. You and/or your legally responsible party are responsible for paying the full fee for services. If you or your legally responsible party are unable to pay the full fee, you may request a subsidy and/or an extended payment plan.
- Subsidies can only be applied to services not covered by your insurance. Subsidies are based on the CSB’s Ability to Pay Scale guidelines.
- Subsidies will not be granted for services which have been determined by the CSB to be ineligible, such as flat rates charged for lab fees.
When requesting a subsidy based on the Ability to Pay Scale, you are required to submit documentation of your income and family size at least once a year, or whenever financial circumstances change. Subsidies will be reevaluated annually based on the information and documentation you provide. All of the CSB charges are reviewed annually and may be adjusted. You will be notified if there is a change in your subsidy.
If your account is past due or has been turned over to a collection agency, you will be subject to the full amount outstanding plus any applicable collection agency fees. Collection agency fees can range from 20%-30% more than your original balance. Our Revenue Management Team is more than willing to work out payment arrangements to prevent your account from being forwarded to a collection agency.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and welcome feedback to improve your experience with the CSB. If you have feedback, questions or need additional information, please contact Revenue Management Team staff at the site where you receive services, or you can contact the centralized staff at:
12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 836, Fairfax, Virginia
703-324-7026, TTY 711
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.