703-502-7000 (available 24/7)
The Fairfax Detoxification Center is a short-term residential program for adults who need help to safely detoxify from the effects of drugs and/or alcohol. Length of stay depends upon the individual’s condition and ability to stabilize. The center provides:
- Clinically managed (social) and medical detoxification;
- Buprenorphine detoxification;
- Daily acupuncture (acudetox);
- Health, wellness, and engagement services;
- Assessment for treatment services;
- HIV/HCV/TB education;
- Universal precautions education;
- Case management services;
- Referral services for follow-up and appropriate care; and
- An introduction to the 12-Step recovery process.
The residential setting is monitored continuously for safety by trained staff. The environment is designed to promote rest, reassurance and recovery.
Call 703-502-7000 for admission information.
A mobile team of CSB staff which responds to police and community requests to intervene at the scene of a potential arrest to refer the individual instead to detoxification services. Available from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. daily. Call 703-502-7000, TTY 703-322-9080 or find out more about eligibility for Detox Diversion).
The Addiction Medicine Clinic (AMC) at the CSB's Merrifield Center provides medication-assisted detoxification services and substance abuse treatment to adults in an outpatient setting. Using the clinic's services allows individuals to remain in their community throughout their treatment, if appropriate. The clinic also provides counseling services and referrals for additional treatment as needed. Find out more about medication-assisted treatment.