703-502-7000 (available 24/7)
Fairfax Detoxification Center
The Fairfax Detoxification Center is a short-term residential program for adults who need help to safely detoxify from the effects of drugs and/or alcohol. Length of stay depends upon the individual’s condition and ability to stabilize. The center provides:
- Clinically managed (social) and medical detoxification;
- Buprenorphine detoxification;
- Daily acupuncture (acudetox);
- Health, wellness, and engagement services;
- Assessment for treatment services;
- HIV/HCV/TB education;
- Universal precautions education;
- Case management services;
- Referral services for follow-up and appropriate care; and
- An introduction to the 12-Step recovery process.
The residential setting is monitored continuously for safety by trained staff. The environment is designed to promote rest, reassurance and recovery.
A mobile team of CSB staff which responds to police and community requests to intervene at the scene of a potential arrest to refer the individual instead to detoxification services. Available from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. daily. Call 703-502-7000, TTY 703-322-9080 or find out more about eligibility for Detox Diversion).