Community Services Board
About the CSB
The same name – "Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board" (CSB) – refers to both:
- The local agency that provides services for people in Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church who have mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- The 16-member administrative policy board that oversees the establishment and operation of these local services.
The CSB administrative policy board, which we refer to as the "CSB Board," normally meets at 5 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Merrifield Center, 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax. Meetings are open to the public.
More about our Board
- Board meeting schedule for the current month
- 2017 Board meeting agenda materials and minutes (Archived meeting agenda materials and minutes)
- Board's annual planning calendar
- Board bylaws (adopted June 2017)
- Latest CSB Board news
- Committees of the Board
- CSB Board members and officers
- One important role of the CSB Board is to make policies concerning the operation of services it directs or supervises.
If you are interested in receiving monthly notices about CSB meetings via email or regular mail, please contact the CSB by phone at 703-324-7000, TTY 711 or contact the CSB by email.
Serving on the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board
Members of the CSB board are volunteers who are appointed by the City of Fairfax, the City of Falls Church, their county district supervisor or by the chair of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Sharon Bulova. One member is appointed by the Fairfax County Sheriff. Board members may serve up to three terms consecutively, and each term lasts three years.
The current vacancies for the CSB Board are in the Providence and Springfield Districts. If you are interested in serving on the Board as the Providence District representative, contact the Providence District office; if you're interested in the Springfield District seat, contact the Springfield District office.
To find out about other volunteer opportunities with the CSB, please contact the CSB Intern and Volunteers Program.