Community Services Board
The same name – "Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board" (CSB) – refers to both:
- The local agency that provides services for people in Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church who have mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- The 16-member administrative policy board that oversees the establishment and operation of these local services.
The CSB administrative policy board, which we refer to as the "CSB Board", normally meets at 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. For more information about the Board:
- See the Board meeting schedule
- See Board meeting agenda materials and minutes
- Learn about the committees of the Board
- Learn about the CSB Board members and officers
If you are interested in receiving monthly notices about CSB meetings via email or regular mail, please contact the CSB by phone at 703-324-7000, TTY 711 or contact the CSB by email.
Serving on the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board
Members of the CSB board are volunteers who are appointed by their county district supervisor or by the chair of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Sharon Bulova. One member is appointed by the Fairfax County Sheriff. Board members may serve up to three terms consecutively, and each term lasts three years.
Currently, the Sully District, Mount Vernon District and City of Fairfax seats on the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board are vacant. If you are interested in serving on the board, contact your county supervisor or the Chair of the Board of Supervisors and let them know of your interest. It is helpful to attach or enclose a current resume with your correspondence.
To find out about other volunteer opportunities with the CSB, please contact the CSB Valued Interns, Volunteers and Advocates volunteer program at 703-383-8420, or by email.