Eligibility for Infant & Toddler Connection of Fairfax-Falls Church Services
Infant and Toddler of Fairfax-Falls Church (ITC) serves children who:
- are under the age of three years old and
- live in Fairfax County or the cities of Fairfax or Falls Church and
meet one or more of the following criteria:
- have a 25% or greater delay in at least one developmental area (cognitive, adaptive, receptive, or expressive language, social/emotional, fine motor, gross motor)
- have a diagnosed condition that has a high probability of resulting in a developmental delay (examples include but are not limited to Down syndrome, hearing or visual impairment, failure to thrive, etc.)
- have demonstrated atypical development (examples include but are not limited to unintelligible speech, feeding concerns, etc.)
Please contact ITC as soon as you suspect a problem with your child’s development. These developmental checklists for ages birth through three years can give you an idea if your child is on track: English developmental checklist and Spanish developmental checklist. More information about typical developmental milestones can be found on the Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia's website at: http://infantva.org/ovw-DeterminationDevelopmentOSEP-v1.htm.
Identifying a problem early in a child’s life can help a family obtain the services and supports needed to promote their child’s development. The first few years of a child’s life are a sensitive period in the process of development, laying a foundation in childhood and beyond for cognitive functioning; social and emotional skills; behavior and self-regulatory capacities; and physical health. The Infant & Toddler Connection of Fairfax-Falls Church assists families of infants and toddlers birth to three with developmental delays and/or disabilities in helping their children learn and develop through everyday activities and routines so that they can participate fully in family and community activities.
You can make a referral:
- Online in English / Online en español
- By calling 703-246-7121
- By emailing FFCCSB-ITCIntake@fairfaxcounty.gov
Whether calling or emailing, be sure to include your name, phone number, Zip code, and a brief statement of your concerns on the message or email. Please also leave the best times to call so that the intake coordinator can reach you at a convenient time.
Our referrals page includes physician referral forms and other information on the ITC referral process.