Suicide Prevention - Information and Resources
If you or someone you care about may be at risk of suicide, don't hesitate to reach out for help. These resources are available 24/7:
Call Community Services Board Emergency Services at 703-573-5679
Text "CONNECT" to 855-11 to contact PRS CrisisLink
Call PRS CrisisLink at 703-527-4077.
In an immediate, life-threatening situation, call 911.
To learn more about how to help a young person who may be at risk, take one of our free, online training courses.
The CSB also provides Youth Mental Health First Aid and general Mental Health First Aid courses in English and Spanish.
If you are a doctor, nurse or other medical care provider, take our free, online courses to enhance skills for identifying depression and suicide risk and other mental health concerns.
For help in finding a local mental health service provider, or to inquire about accessing CSB non-emergency services, call CSB Entry and Referral at 703-383-8500, available during business hours.
- Suicide Prevention Alliance of Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County Public Schools Youth Depression and Positive Mental Health resources.
- The Prevention Toolkit is a collection of suggestions, tools, and resources to assist families, school staff, PTAs, community- and faith-based organizations, social clubs, and others in promoting the well-being of youth in our community.
- Printable flyers to promote the PRS CrisisLink's text hotline.
- Providers can download Suicide Safe, an award-winning mobile app from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration that helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients.