Welcome to Gartlan Behavioral Health
Welcome! We’re glad you’re here!
Gartlan Behavioral Health
Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board
8119 Holland Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22306
703-360-6910, TTY 711
Adult outpatient behavioral health services include mental health case management, medication services, and services for substance use disorders.
Hours of operation
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Important phone numbers to keep handy
- Your Case Manager: _______________________
- Your Prescriber: __________________________
- Gartlan Center Front Desk: 703-360-6910
- CSB Emergency Services: 703-573-5679 (24 hours/day; 7 days/week, including holidays)
Understanding your recovery
- What symptoms or situations currently causing distress do you want to target for improvement or change?
- What coping skills do you use now, and what skills do you want to develop or enhance?
- How do you improve or enhance the quality of your life?
- What do you want to change about your behavior?
- What strengths and resources do you have and utilize?
What services are right for you?
- Case management
- Individual and group treatment
- Nursing services
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Outpatient treatment/education for substance use disorders
- Mental health day supports
- Community-based supports
- Mental health adult residential services
- Peer support
- Pharmacy (Genoa, a QoL HealthCare Company)
- Primary health care services (Neighborhood Health; Community Health Care Network)
- Services from other agencies
Types of treatment groups
- Dialectical Behavioral Treatment (DBT)
- Emotional Regulation
- Co-Occurring Disorder
- Solution for Wellness
- Family Focus Group
- Social/Life Skills
- Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM)
- Substance Use Disorders - Outpatient
- Substance Use Disorders - Intensive Outpatient
- Peer Support Group
Participation in treatment and discharge planning
- Your Gartlan Center treatment team includes you as an active participant, your case manager and your prescriber (psychiatrist or nurse practitioner). As a team, you will work together to identify treatment needs, develop an individualized service plan, participate in treatment and plan for your discharge.
- Your team will periodically review, update and modify your service plan. The level of treatment will be evaluated and modified as needed throughout treatment.
- If difficulties arise during treatment, such as an increase in psychiatric symptoms, continued drug or alcohol use, or other problems in meeting the treatment goals stated in your service plan, your team will reevaluate the level of treatment.
- Treatment involves periodic urine screen testing.
We can help you apply for benefits
- Social Security Disability Benefits (SSDI) – Pays benefits to you and certain family members if you have worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Pays benefits to adults and children with disabilities (and to people age 65 and older) who have limited income and resources.
- Medicare and Medicaid
- General Relief
- Food Stamps
- Eleanor U. Kennedy Shelter: 703-799-0200, 9155 Richmond Highway, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter: 703-820-7621, 3525 Moncure Avenue, Bailey’s Crossroads, VA 22041
- Embry Rucker Community Shelter: 703-437-1975, 11975 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston, VA 20190
- Fairfax County Coordinated Services Planning: 703-222-0880
- Fairfax Detoxification Center: 703-502-7000
- Mount Vernon PRS Recovery Academy and Employment Services: 703-360-8394
- Dept. for Aging & Rehabilitative Services: 703-960-3411
- United Community Ministries (UCM): 703-768-7106
- Pharmacy at Gartlan Center, Genoa, a QoL HealthCare Company: 703-253-7697
- South County Community Health Care Network (CHCN): 703-704-5333
- Rising Hope United Methodist Church: 703-360-1976
- New Hope Housing, Inc.: 703-799-2293
Paying for services
If you have health insurance coverage:
- You are responsible for providing insurance information required for billing.
- The CSB will bill insurance carriers the full cost of covered services.
- You are required to pay the co-insurance, co-pay and/or deductible amounts for covered services.
If you do not have health insurance coverage:
- Charges for services may be reduced by a supplemental fee subsidy determined by proof of income.
Notice of rights
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) tries to provide the best possible services. As a person receiving CSB services, you have rights that are protected by government regulations. No one may take away your rights, except in rare special cases. The following is a summary of these rights. If you need help in understanding them or how they apply to you, please contact a staff member. (Visit our Complaints and Concerns page.)
You have the right:
- to be treated with dignity and respect;
- to receive services regardless of your race, national origin, sex, age, religion, handicap or ability to pay;
- to help develop your treatment program plan;
- to privacy;
- to confidential handling of records;
- to be protected from harm and abuse;
- to receive services in a safe and clean place;
- to ask questions and get help with your rights;
- to have your complaints resolved; and
- to review the Human Rights Plan of the CSB.
If you believe your rights have been taken away, you may follow these steps:
- Call or write the supervisor or program director with your complaint.
- If your complaint is unresolved, you may ask for a formal hearing. Staff will tell you how to submit the request.
Call Tim Simmons, Human Rights Consultant at 1-804-305-0461. Tim makes sure the rights of individuals in community programs are respected.
- Confidentiality means that any information you reveal to a staff member must be kept confidential. We cannot reveal any information about you to anyone outside of this agency without your written permission or under direct order of a court.
- All information regarding your participation in CSB services and your personal life is kept confidential. Federal law, our own professional ethics, and our concern for your general welfare require that we uphold your right to privacy. We will not reveal any information about you to anyone outside of this agency without a “release of information” form signed by you. We are legally required to report any suspected child abuse or neglect and to warn any individual who we believe may be in danger of physical harm. In addition, we may report pertinent information to medical personnel in case of a medical emergency, or if a crime is committed at the program or against program personnel.
- During your treatment at the Gartlan Center other individuals receiving treatment here will expect you to keep information they share with you confidential, and they will do the same for you. Any violation of someone’s confidentiality could have a negative impact on that person’s treatment and recovery. Such a violation can result in discharge from the program.
Here is how you can help us help you. Please…
- Keep your scheduled appointments with your service providers and arrive on time.
- Call to reschedule your appointment if you are unable to come as scheduled.
- Let your service provider know if there is a change in your address, telephone number, income, insurance or family size.
- Read the bulletin boards in the waiting area to find resource information and ways to connect with others in the community.
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs, services and activities. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request. For information, call 703-324-7000, TTY 711. Please allow two weeks’ notice to arrange ADA accommodations. To request this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-7000, TTY 711.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.