Services Provided by the Community Services Board
The Community Services Board provides services for people of all ages who have mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or intellectual disability, and for infants and toddlers with developmental delays.
All residents of Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church are eligible for certain CSB services, including emergency and referral services. Most other CSB services are for people whose conditions seriously impact their daily functioning. Learn more about who is eligible for CSB services.
We will help you identify the services that best fit your needs.
For more information, contact:
- CSB Entry and Referral Services (available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) – 703-383-8500, TTY 711. This is the starting point for accessing mental health or substance abuse services through the CSB. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access other languages when needed.
- Developmental disabilities intake is available during regular business hours at 703-324-4400, TTY 711.
- CSB Emergency Services (available 24 hours a day) – 703-573-5679, TTY 711.
- Mobile Crisis Unit – Responds to crises throughout the community, 703-573-5679, TTY 711.
- Fairfax Detoxification Center (available 24 hours a day) – 703-502-7000, TTY 703-322-9080.
- Infant and Toddler Connection – Complete an online referral or call 703-246-7121, TTY 711.
CSB Service Areas
Acute and Therapeutic Treatment Services
- Engagement, Assessment & Referral
- Emergency and Crisis Services
- Residential Treatment and Detox Services
- Youth and Family Services
- Infant & Toddler Connection Services
Community Living Treatment and Supports
- Support Coordination Services
- Employment and Day Services
- Assisted Community Residential Services
- Behavioral Health Outpatient and Case Management Services
- Supportive Community Residential Services
- Intensive Community Treatment Services
- Diversion and Jail-Based Services