CSB Services – Acute Care
Acute Care Services are available for people who have a mental illness, substance use disorder, and/or intellectual disability, are in acute distress and need immediate help.
Services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and include:
- Walk-in emergency psychiatric services at the Merrifield Center (8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Lower Level, Fairfax), 703-573-5679, TTY 711.
One Mobile Crisis Unit which responds to crises throughout the
community, 703-560-0224 or 703-573-5679, TTY 711
- See the Mobile Crisis Unit brochure
- Fairfax Detoxification Center (4213 Walney Road, Chantilly), 703-502-7000, TTY 703-322-9080 – Short-term residential substance abuse program for adults to safely detoxify from the effects of drugs and/or alcohol. Services include medical detoxification, buprenorphine detoxification, outreach and social detoxification.
- Diversion to Detox – Mobile team of CSB staff responds to police requests to intervene at the scene of a potential arrest to refer the individual instead to detoxification services
- Woodburn Place – Crisis stabilization services, an alternative to hospitalization for adults who are experiencing psychiatric crisis. Woodburn Place provides a structured, supportive environment with 24-hour counseling support to help people gain the stability and emotional strength to move into a more independent living arrangement.
Involuntary Psychiatric Hospitalization of Adults
- Information for petitioners, family members and concerned others
- Information about the Mandatory Outpatient Treatment (MOT) program
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.