CSB Services - Residential Treatment
Residential treatment includes comprehensive services for youth and adults:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Psychiatric services
- Medication management
- Case management
- Continuing care services to assist with transition back to the community
Services are provided in residential treatment settings that are matched to the level and duration of care each individual needs, and include intermediate and long-term treatment with 24-hour staffing, and supervised treatment services with staffing 12-18 hours per day.
Specialized treatment services are provided for:
- People with co-occurring disorders (substance use and mental illness)
- Pregnant and post-partum women
- People whose primary language is Spanish
The residential treatment service area includes the following programs:
- A New Beginning – A New Beginning is a residential treatment program that provides rehabilitation services to adults with substance use and co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. The program provides a highly structured environment with a daily therapeutic schedule. Initial structure, rules and guidelines help an individual progress toward development of responsible, recovery oriented behaviors focused on healthy decision making, personal responsibility and ownership of the recovery process. Individuals are challenged to self-diagnose their substance use and/or co-occurring disorder and develop the coping skills and support systems needed to support ongoing recovery. Program participants are offered individual, group, and family counseling, psychiatric assessment as needed, medication monitoring, comprehensive case management, substance abuse education, acupuncture, bibliotherapy, and regular involvement in the 12 Step recovery communities. Sober recreation, stress reduction and exercise are also components of the program. The program addresses other core psychological issues which may impede recovery. These could include, but are not limited to, issues related to family of origin, relationships, trauma, identity and co-dependency.
- A New Direction (formerly Steps to Recovery) – Residential treatment program for adults with substance use disorders or co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders. Services and supervision are offered daily and focus on community reintegration and recovery life skills.
- Crossroads Adult – Residential substance abuse treatment/habilitation program serving adults with substance use disorders or co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. Crossroads Adult is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Leland House (contracted service) – A public-private partnership with United Methodist Family Services and the county’s Community Policy and Management Team, Leland House is a crisis care facility that serves youth ages 12-17 who are in a psychiatric crisis or who need step-down services from an acute psychiatric setting. Leland House is a Medicaid Level-C Residential Treatment Center provider.
- New Generations – A residential treatment program for women who have a substance use disorder and/or co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. Women entering New Generations are pregnant, or enter with their child 4 years or younger, or are in a parenting relationship with a child who resides elsewhere.
- Phoenix House of the Mid-Atlantic (contracted services) – Residential, transitional and outpatient services for adults and adolescents who have substance use disorders or co-occuring substance use and mental health disorders
To find out more about these services, call CSB Entry and Referral Services (available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at 703-383-8500, TTY 711. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access other languages when needed.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.