Countywide Dialogue on Transportation: Funding Options
- These revenue sources are not being presented in any specific order. They are presented based on their ability to generate revenue.
- There is no preconceived notion as to which of these revenue sources are preferred. Your feedback is encouraged.
- More than one revenue source could be recommended.
- Each source is shown in a way that can be adjusted up or down.
- View comparative ranking lists
- County versus Commonwealth: Who can authorize what?
Estimated Annual Revenue for Transportation by Source
|Revenue Source, Increase||Estimated Annual Revenue|
|Sales Tax on Service, 1%||$367.5 million|
|Income Tax, 0.5%||$229 million|
|Vehicle Miles Traveled Tax, 1¢ per mile||$120 million|
|HB3202 (2007) Sources in FY 2014 Dollars||$118.4 million|
|Sales Tax, 0.5%||$83 million|
|Meals Tax, 4%||$80 million|
|Real Estate Tax, 1% of assessed value||$20 million|
|Gas Tax, 1% of sales price||$12 million|
|Personal Property Tax, 10¢ per $100 assessed value||$11 million|
|Developer Contributions, $4.07/sq.ft. non-res; $1,000/res||$7 million|
|Gas Tax, 1¢ per gallon||$4 million|
|Commercial and Industrial Property Tax, 1¢ per $100 assessed||$3.8 million|
|Parking Fees, $1/day||<$1 million|