Immunizations are NOT just for kids! Regardless of age, we ALL need immunizations to keep us healthy. With time, immunity from childhood vaccines can wear off and you may be at risk for new and different diseases. With adulthood comes responsibility, including the need to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Learn more from the Centers for Disease and Prevention.
- Vaccinations for adults are available from your health care provider and at the five Health Department Clinics.
- The Fairfax County Health Department is currently offering free Tdap vaccine for adults 19 years and older, which protects against pertussis, or whooping cough.
Bring all immunization records to your appointment, including your yellow travel card if you have one.
Have YOU had all of your shots? Virginia Department of Health's "My Shots Now" campaign provides the steps to stay healthy and up-to-date on your vaccinations at every stage of life.
Adult Immunization Schedule
To shorten your wait, call ahead to make an appointment. Then fill out and print these 4 forms* and bring all 4 forms and your immunization records to your appointment at the Health Department.
- Health Department Registration Form
- Health Department Service Slip
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations: Adults | Children & Teens
- Eligibility Screening Record (for children under 19 years of age)
* If you are unable to print these forms, they will be provided to you at the time of your appointment.
Don't wait! Vaccinate! Find out what immunizations you need as an adult.
Take the adolescent and adult vaccine quiz.