Protect infants and children with vaccinations early in life, when they are most vulnerable and before they are exposed to potentially life-threatening diseases. Vaccinations are available through your health care provider or Fairfax County Health Department clinics. For your convenience, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Childhood Immunization Schedule is provided below.
Watch the Spanish-language video Protege la salud de su bebe con las vacunas.
The Fairfax County Health Department is offering free childhood vaccinations
Available by appointment only, call: 703-246-6010, TTY 711
Important Information for Parents
- Bring your child's immunization record and insurance card to the clinic. If your immunization records are not in English, please seek the assistance of an appropriate translator to translate your record. Without an immunization record in English, your child may need to restart his or her immunization series. How do I find my child's immunization record?
- Required School Immunizations: Documentation of immunization is required for children entering kindergarten, children entering seventh grade, and new students transferring into schools in Fairfax County. Learn more about required school immunizations.
- Prevent Whooping Cough: CDC is promoting the "Born with Protection" campaign. This campaign encourages pregnant women to get the whooping cough (Tdap) vaccine in the third trimester of every pregnancy.
Childhood Immunization Schedule (Birth to 18 Years Old)
View the immunization schedule on the CDC website to see the complete list of recommended immunizations and the ages at which they are given. Schedule is also provided below.
To shorten your wait, call ahead to make an appointment. Then fill out and print the following forms and bring them and your immunization records to your appointment at the Health Department.
- Health Department Registration Form
- Health Department Service Slip: English | Spanish
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations
- Eligibility Screening Record (for children under 19 years of age)
If you are unable to print these forms, they will be provided to you at the time of your appointment.