Commission on Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation
Register now to be an Organ, Eye and Tissue Donor. Here are the facts:
More than 120,000 people are waiting for an organ
22 people will die each day waiting for an organ
1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives
Learn more at organdonor.gov.
The Fairfax County Commission on Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation is dedicated to increasing the awareness of all citizens of Fairfax County regarding organ and tissue donation and transplantation through education and coordination of resources in a way which will result in increased organ and tissue donations in the county. Read the Commission's 2013 Annual Report.
This Commission was created by the Board of Supervisors in 1994. It is the first of its kind to be set up by a local government in the United States, and serves as a model for local commissions being created throughout the country.
- Commission Brochure: Saving Lives in Fairfax County
Organ and Tissue Donation Flyers:
- Acronym glossary
- Donation and transplantation terms glossary
- Support for living donors
- What can be donated? (List of organs fit for transplantation)
- What can your business do to promote organ and tissue donation?
- What can religious leaders do to promote organ and tissue donation?
- What do you know about organ and tissue donation?
- What living donors can do and who to contact
- Your commitment to become a donor is desperately needed
For More Information
For more information about donation in your community, visit Washington Regional Transplant Community or call 703-641-0100 or 1-866-BE A DONOR (1-866-232-3666).
Transplant Recipients International Organization (TRIO): Your voice of the transplant community