Spirit of Excellence Award
The CSB Spirit of Excellence Award recognizes one outstanding individual or one team of two or more outstanding individuals whose performance and actions promote, reinforce, or exemplify the CSB’s vision and mission.
To be considered for a CSB Spirit of Excellence Award, an individual or team must make a deliberate, obvious, and valuable contribution through actions in one of the following areas:
- Demonstrated a positive attitude, exceptional effort or performance that increased colleague satisfaction and morale and benefited the organization.
- Supported and encouraged staff in completing their duties.
- Volunteered to take on extra responsibilities in addition to regular job duties.
- Handled an emergency or unexpected situation in an outstanding manner.
- Demonstrated a positive attitude, exceptional effort or performance that increased citizen, customer, and/or client satisfaction that benefited the community.
- Developed non-traditional new ways to do business.
- Streamlined processes or systems.
- Developed creative ideas or solutions to problems.
- Saved money or maximized resources.
- Demonstrated a positive attitude, exceptional effort or performance that increased colleague satisfaction and morale and benefited the organization. Actions must demonstrate a consistent pattern of behavior.
CSB Spirit of Excellence Award nominations can be made by any member of the Fairfax County, Virginia, community. This includes CSB employees, Fairfax County employees, individuals and families receiving CSB services, stakeholders, and Fairfax County community members at large.
A CSB Spirit of Excellence Nomination Packet provides additional background information about the award process; copies of this packet are also available at CSB service sites.
Nominations must be made using the nomination form, at all CSB service sites and offices, and by contacting Joel Friedman at 703-324-4433 (TTY 711). The form may be submitted electronically or returned to the CSB Awards and Appreciation Team by the January 30 deadline – nomination period extended to February 13, 2015.
Nominators will be notified of the nomination’s status after the nominations have been reviewed and an award recipient selected.
The nomination process is confidential. Persons nominated for a CSB Spirit of Excellence Award should not be told by the nominator or anyone reviewing nominations.
Nominees who are not selected to receive a CSB Spirit of Excellence Award will be recognized with an Honors Award.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.