Adult Day Health Care
The ADHC provides community-based adult day health care to individuals who need supervision during the day. The centers are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services and provide a safe, fun and therapeutic environment for frail elderly or adults who need supervision during the day. (Read more... mission and program description)
Download an ADHC fact sheet.
Request Information/Contact UsFor information about the Adult Day Health Care program, please fill out an online application and a County representative will contact you.
703-750-3316, TTY 711
Center Phone Numbers
Center Locations and Hours
There are 5 centers within the county operating from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Who Can Attend?Adults who reside in:
- Fairfax County, Falls Church, Fairfax City.
- Towns of Vienna and Herndon.
Adult Day Health Care ProgramParticipants:
- can choose from a variety of daily activities designed to improve their functional status
- have opportunities for socialization
- will be provided a nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.
- and support to family caregivers
VideoView the Adult Day Health Care video on Fairfax County's Channel 16 Web page.
Emergency PreparednessEach Adult Day Health Center has an Emergency Response Plan that has been designed specifically for that facility. (See the Office of Emergency Management's PDFdocument entitled, Emergency Planning Guidance for Medical and Patient Care Facilities").
Both residents as well as their families should be mindful and inquire about a facility's emergency preparedness plan regarding the following:
- the actual plan
- questions about staffing
- resident information
- coordination with other resources
- and the role of the family