The Fairfax County Health Department's Communicable Disease Epidemiology program works to reduce illness and death from communicable disease in the community by identifying illness, investigating causes and recommending actions to prevent transmission and spread.
Diseases and Conditions A-Z
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) List
- Virginia Department of Health Disease Fact Sheets
- Alerts and Recalls
- Influenza (Flu)
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- Norovirus-Norwalk-like virus - Winter Vomiting Disease
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Communicable Disease Summary Report - Fairfax County
- Communicable Disease Summary 2014
- Communicable Disease Summary 2013
- Communicable Disease Summary 2012
- Communicable Disease Summary 2011
- Communicable Disease Summary 2010
Physician and Health Care Provider ReportingVDH has established a Virginia Reportable Disease List , which identifies all conditions which are required to be reported to the local health department by state law (Section 32.1-36 of the Code of Virginia and 12 VAC 5-90-80 and 12 VAC 5-12-90 of the Board of Health Regulations for Disease Reporting and Control.)
The Fairfax County Health Department maintains communicable disease reporting phone line for physicians, laboratories and medical facilities to report directly to their local health department. This phone line is monitored seven days per week. To report a communicable disease or other public health emergency, please call 703-246-2433, TTY 711; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax 703-653-1347. The Health Department will respond to your message as soon as possible.
For all non-emergency inquiries, view a complete list of Health Department phone numbers.
Confidential Morbidity Reporting
Report diagnoses and suspect cases of the specified infections, diseases and conditions listed on the Virginia Reportable Disease List for Fairfax County resident using the Confidential Morbidity Report form for clinicians.
Resources for Health Care Providers
- Communicable Disease Reporting Guide for Clinicians
- Virginia Reportable Disease List
- Reporting Regulations - Code of Virginia
- Confidential Morbidity Report
- Regulations for Disease Reporting and Control - Commonwealth of Virginia State Board of Health
Zika Pregnancy Registry