What You Should Know About:
- An annual flu vaccine is the best way to fight the flu.
- Flu vaccine is safe and effective.
- Flu vaccine cannot cause the flu.
- CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older, get vaccinated against the flu every year, especially people who are at high risk.
Learn how to fight the flu!
Learn about Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza
- Read more about caring for yourself and others and preparing for emergencies in Fairfax County's Preparedness Guide for the Fairfax Community
- Stay informed by visiting the CDC's pandemic influenza website.
- 2009 H1N1 Pandemic
- Pandemic Influenza Frequently Asked Questions
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Where to Find a Flu Vaccine
- Use the Flu Vaccine Finder to locate a provider near you. Cost for vaccine may vary by location.
Flu vaccine is available through all of the traditional flu vaccine
providers which include:
- Your doctor or health care provider
- Local pharmacies and grocery stores
- Flu vaccine is available at Fairfax County Health Department clinics.
See How Community Immunity Works
When enough people are vaccinated against the flu, everyone in the community is protected. For community immunity to work, each of us who can receive vaccine, must be vaccinated each year, because the flu virus changes from year to year.