Health Care Advisory Board - Scope
General Scope of Work
The following items which may be considered as a HCAB "Scope of
Work" have developed for organizational purposes as a guide for
members and staff. For convenience it has been organized in terms of (1)
annual activities, (2) ongoing or recurring activities, (3) & (4)
special activities, and (5) liaison and coordination activities. The
categories 1-3 describe activities which occur at the specific direction
of the Board of Supervisors either through specific communication or
mandate and category 4 describes those special projects or programs in
which the HCAB has taken a proactive role relative to an issue(s) which
impacts the County and about which the HCAB feels the Board of
Supervisors should be aware. The items listed in the five categories may
overlap and should not be considered mutually exclusive.
The purpose of the HCAB is to assist the Board of Supervisors in the development of health policy for the County and to advise the Board on health and health related issues.
1. Annual activities: Review, comment and develop recommendations on:
- 1.1 Inova Health System Community Services Budget
- 1.2 County Health Service Budgets
- 1.3 State/Federal Legislation
2. On-going or recurring activities:
- 2.1 Project review (e.g. Certificate of Public Need Process).
- 2.2 Review applications for Special Use Permits/Special Exceptions for health facilities in accordance with Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance.
- 2.3 Project/proposal review of Inova Health System additions or changes to facility in accordance with lease agreement.
- 2.4 Provide technical and policy level comments and recommendations on special findings or reports.
3. Special review activities at request of Board of Supervisors
4. Special projects initiated by the HCAB with reports provided to the Board of Supervisors.
5. Provide and maintain liaison with appropriate health and health-related facilities, County agencies, and contributory agencies (local and regional) including, but not limited to:
- 5.1 Inova Health System
- 5.2 Fairfax County Health Department
- 5.3 Fire and Rescue Department - Emergency Medical Services
- 5.4 Health Systems Agency of Northern Virginia (HSANV)
- 5.5 Fairfax County Commission on Aging (COA)
- 5.6 Fairfax Area Disability Services Board (DSB)
- 5.7 Human Services Council (HSC)
- 5.8 Consolidated Community Funding Advisory Committee (CCFAC)
- 5.9 Northern Virginia Access to Care Consortium
- 5.10 Long Term Care Coordinating Council
- 5.11 Fairfax County Public Schools
- 5.12 Other Boards and Commissions as appropriate