Take the test. Take control.There are many ways you can take the test:
- Free and confidential HIV testing is available:
- Find a testing location outside of Fairfax County, or call the Virginia Department of Health Disease Prevention Hotline at 1-800-533-4148.
- You can also text your ZIP code to KnowIt or 566948
Break the Silence
Break the Silence is a video
promoting HIV/AIDS prevention in the African American community, which
is disproportionately impacted by HIV/AIDS. The video illustrates the
gravity of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the black community and addresses
some of the complex issues, such as denial and stigma, fueling the
Watch the video.
Fairfax County Health Department HIV/AIDS Program
Health Department programs and services help to prevent the spread of the HIV virus in the community by identifying illness, providing linkage to treatment, and taking actions to prevent the spread of disease. The Health Department provides:
- Free and confidential HIV testing (including anonymous option) and HIV prevention counseling
- Coordination of HIV/AIDS treatment
- Coordination of the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) which provides medications for HIV positive people
- HIV prevention information/educational throughout the community
Get the Facts
- HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. This is the virus that can cause AIDS if left untreated
- AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and is a condition in which the body's immune system is so badly damaged by HIV that it is left vulnerable to infection and certain types of cancers. Get more facts.
HIV/AIDS Links and Resources