Take the test. Take control.
There are many ways to get free and confidential HIV testing:
- At the Fairfax County Health Department (No appointment is required. Walk-in services only.)
- Find a testing location outside of Fairfax County, or call the Virginia Department of Health Disease Prevention Hotline at 1-800-533-4148. Download a list of confidential HIV and STD testing locations in Northern Virginia.
- You can also text your ZIP code to KnowIt or 566948.
Fairfax County Health Department HIV/AIDS Program
The Health Department helps to prevent the spread of the HIV virus in the community by identifying illness, providing linkage to treatment and taking actions to prevent the spread of disease. The Health Department provides:
- Free and confidential HIV testing
- HIV prevention counseling
- Coordination of HIV/AIDS treatment
- Coordination of the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) which provides medications for HIV-positive people
- HIV prevention information/educational throughout the community
Break the Silence
Silence is a video promoting HIV/AIDS prevention in the
African American community, which is disproportionately impacted by
HIV/AIDS. The video illustrates the gravity of the HIV/AIDS epidemic
in the black community and addresses some of the complex issues, such
as denial and stigma, fueling the epidemic.
Watch the video.