Take the test. Take control.
There are many ways to get free and confidential HIV testing:
- At the Fairfax County Health Department (No appointment is required. Walk-in services only.)
- Find a testing location outside of Fairfax County, or call the Virginia Department of Health Disease Prevention Hotline at 1-800-533-4148. Download a list of confidential HIV and STD testing locations in Northern Virginia .
- You can also text your ZIP code to KnowIt or 566948.
Fairfax County Health Department HIV/AIDS Program
The Health Department helps to prevent the spread of the HIV virus in the community by identifying illness, providing linkage to treatment and taking actions to prevent the spread of disease. The Health Department provides:
- Free and confidential HIV testing
- HIV prevention counseling
- Coordination of HIV/AIDS treatment
- Coordination of the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) which provides medications for HIV-positive people
- HIV prevention information/educational throughout the community
Break the Silence
Break the Silence is a video
promoting HIV/AIDS prevention in the African American community,
which is disproportionately impacted by HIV/AIDS. The video
illustrates the gravity of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the black
community and addresses some of the complex issues, such as denial
and stigma, fueling the epidemic.
Watch the video.