IMPORTANT: Parents should bring the child's immunization record and insurance card to the clinic. If your immunization records are not in English, please seek the assistance of an appropriate translator to translate your record. Without an immunization record in English, your child may need to restart his or her immunization series. How do I find my child's immunization record?
Protect infants and children with vaccinations early in life, when they are most vulnerable and before they are exposed to potentially life-threatening diseases. Vaccinations are available through your health care provider or Fairfax County Health Department clinics. For your convenience, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Childhood Immunization Schedule is provided below.
- Required School Immunizations: Documentation of immunization is required for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade, and new students transferring into Fairfax County Public Schools. Learn more about required school immunizations.
- Prevent Whooping Cough: CDC is promoting the "Born with Protection" campaign. This campaign encourages pregnant women to get the whooping cough (Tdap) vaccine in the third trimester of every pregnancy. The Fairfax County Health Department is currently offering free Tdap vaccine for adults 19 years and older.
Childhood Immunization Schedule (Birth to 18 Years Old)
View the immunization schedule on the CDC website to see the complete list of recommended immunizations and the ages at which they are given. Schedule is also provided below.
To shorten your wait, call ahead to make an appointment. Then fill out and print these 4 forms* and bring all 4 forms and your immunization records to your appointment at the Health Department.
- Health Department Registration Form
- Health Department Service Slip
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations: Adults | Children & Teens
- Eligibility Screening Record (for children under 19 years of age)
* If you are unable to print these forms, they will be provided to you at the time of your appointment.
Burke Pediatrics received recognition for its commitment to providing immunizations to children in the Fairfax community.
- What are the reasons to vaccinate my baby?
- Learn about vaccine safety.
- CDC recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older.
Vaccines for Children Program