Required School Immunizations
Parents: It's Time to Immunize!
Documentation of immunization is required for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade, and new students transferring into Fairfax County Public Schools. The Fairfax County Health Department offers school required immunizations from your health care provider and at the Fairfax County Health Department's five clinics. To shorten your wait, call ahead to make and appointment.
IMPORTANT: Parents should bring the child's immunization record and insurance card to the clinic. If your immunization records are not in English, please seek the assistance of an appropriate translator to translate your record. Without an immunization record in English, your child may need to restart his or her immunization series. How do I find my child's immunization record?
Extended Clinic Hours
Our clinics offer four days of extended hours for back-to-school immunizations in August and September:
- Friday, August 28: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 31: 8 a.m - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 8: 8 a.m - 6 p.m.
- Back-to-School Immunization flyer with the extended summer hours listed: English/Spanish
- List of Health Department clinic addresses and phone numbers: English | Spanish
Important Notes for Parents
- For faster service and shorter wait times, please call for an appointment.
- School-required immunizations are free of charge at the Health Department's five clinics.
- A list of required school immunizations and related forms/documents is available on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- At your appointment, bring the following items:
More information about childhood immunizations, including immunization schedules.
To shorten your wait, call ahead to make and appointment. Then fill out and print these 4 forms* and bring all 4 forms with you to your appointment at the Health Department
- Health Department Registration Form
- Health Department Service Slip
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations: Adults | Children & Teens
- Eligibility Screening Record (for children under 19 years of age)
* If you are unable to print these forms, they will be provided to you at the time of your appointment.