Required School Immunizations
Parents: It's Time to Immunize!
Documentation of immunization is required for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade, and new students transferring into Fairfax County Public Schools.
The Fairfax County Health Department offers school required immunizations from your health care provider and at the Fairfax County Health Department's five clinics. To shorten your wait, call ahead to make and appointment. Avoid long lines! Visit us in June and July!
Our clinics offer 4 days of extended hours for back-to-school immunizations in August and September:
- Friday, August 28: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 31: 8 a.m - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 8: 8 a.m - 6 p.m.
- Back-to-School Immunization flyer with the extended summer hours listed: English/Spanish
- List of Health Department clinic addresses and phone numbers: English | Spanish
Important Notes for Parents:
- For faster service and shorter wait times, please call for an appointment.
- School-required immunizations are free of charge at the Health Department's five clinics.
At your appointment, bring the following items:
- The child's immunization record and insurance card to the clinic. How do I find my child's immunization record?
- A list of required school immunizations and related forms/documents is available on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Health Form, with Part 1 filled out by the parent or gaurdian.
- Health Department forms (see PDFs below)
More information about childhood immunizations, including immunization schedules.
To shorten your wait, call ahead to make and appointment. Then fill out and print these 4 forms* and bring all 4 forms with you to your appointment at the Health Department
- Health Department Registration Form
- Health Department Service Slip
- Screening Questionnaire for Immunizations: Adults | Children & Teens
- Eligibility Screening Record (for children under 19 years of age)
* If you are unable to print these forms, they will be provided to you at the time of your appointment.