Required School Immunizations
Required school immunizations are available from your health care provider and at the Fairfax County Health Department's five clinics.
Important Notes for Parents:
- Documentation of immunization is required for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade, and new students transferring into Fairfax County Public Schools. View immunization requirements and other general registration requirements on the Fairfax County Public Schools website.
- Bring the child's immunization record to the clinic. How do I find my child's immunization record?
- A list of required school immunizations and related forms/documents are available on the Virginia Department of Health website.
- School-required immunizations are free of charge at the Health Department's five clinics. For faster service and shorter wait times, please call for an appointment.
- More information about childhood immunizations,including immunization schedules.
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Health Forms.
Parents: It's Time to Immunize! 2013-2014 Back-to-School Immunization Clinic Hours
Walk-in Hours For the Health Department's Five Clinics:
Monday: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - noon
For Your Convenience, Extended Summer Hours Offered at the Health Department's Five Clinics:
Tuesday, Aug. 20: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 27: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 30: 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 3: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.