Long Term Care Coordination Council Committees
The work of the Long Term Care Coordinating Council (LTCCC) is largely accomplished by its committees. All meetings are open to the public and held in accessible locations. For more information about LTCCC committees or the LTCCC, call 703-246-8456, TTY 711 or email us.
The Membership Committee supports strategic plan goal 1: Increase the diversity of representation on the LTCCC.
- Objective 1.1: Analyze the current composition of the LTCCC by geography, population, and sector.
- Objective 1.2: Create a vision of diversity for the LTCCC.
- Objective 1.3: Recruit new LTCCC members.
Community Resource Education Committee
The Community Resource Education Committee supports strategic plan goal 2: Support the efforts of local entities to conduct community outreach to increase awareness of services available to older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Objective 2.1: Identify efforts the LTCCC can assist with to increase awareness of services and supports.
- Objective 2.2: Collaborate with partners to conduct outreach and increase awareness.
Integrated Project Development Committee
The Integrated Project Development Committee supports strategic plan goal 3: Improve integration and collaboration within the LTCCC and among groups doing the same work.
- Objective 3.1: Identify needs and collaborate with LTCCC members and others to find ways to address those needs.
- Objective 3.2: Identify specific projects and initiatives that can be launched with several committees.
The Technology Committee supports strategic plan goal 4: Improve technology access and use by older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Objective 4.1: Investigate the use of social media.
- Objective 4.2: Convene partners to discuss the use of assistive technology to support aging in community.
Mobility and Transportation Committee
The Mobility and Transportation Committee supports creating a multi-modal transportation system in the Fairfax area that affords personal independence, choice and full participation by all individuals regardless of age, disability or economic status.
Government Affairs Committee
The Government Affairs Committee supports strategic plan goal 5: Advocate for policy changes that improve the lives of older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Objective 5.1: Provide testimony for advocacy of other LTCCC committees through the Government Affairs Committee.
- Objective 5.2: Review and analyze the Board of Supervisors' (BOS) budget agenda.
- Objective 5.3: Advocate for the LTCCC Housing Recommendations with the Board of Supervisors.