Dental Services For Children
FAIRFAX COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
DENTAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN
A child's healthy future can be achieved in part through good dental habits learned early in childhood and reinforced throughout life. Regular dental visits starting at a young age, along with good oral hygiene practices and a balanced diet, can ensure a child's teeth remain healthy and strong.
To assist the residents of Fairfax County by providing dental services to children whose families are income eligible and/or to whom treatment is not available in the private sector.
The Fairfax County Health Department has three Dental clinics in the County that provide services to children only:
- children age 3-18 years old with eligibility (sliding fee scale)
- a valid Virginia Medicaid recipient age 3-20 years old.
- topical fluoride application
dental sealants and restorative services including:
- amalgam fillings
- composite fillings
- stainless steel crowns
- simple extractions
- scaling and root planing.
- limited oral surgery and endodontic services.
We place a priority on educating the population and preventing dental disease.
Clinic hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Routine dental services for children are available by appointment only. We do not have emergency services or after-hours care.
- Joseph Willard Health Center, 3750 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA, 22030 703-246-7100 TTY 711
- Herndon/Reston Office, 1850 Cameron Glen Drive, Suite 100, Reston, VA 22090 703-481-4242 TTY 711
- Mount Vernon Office, 8350 Richmond highway, Suite 233, Alexandria, VA 22309 703-704-6181 TTY 711
Adult Dental Care
The Fairfax County Health Department Dental Clinic does not have a program for the adult population.
Dental emergencies or routine care can be obtained from the vendors listed below. Please call them for an appointment or for information regarding cost of services.
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic 703-820-7170
- Washington Hospital Center 202-877-6737
- Howard University School of Dentistry 202-806-0007