Do you have concerns about your baby's development? Contact us, early intervention services can make a difference.
What is the Infant Development Program? The Program:
- Helps your family learn ways to encourage your child to develop new skills
- Provides support and referral services to your family and child as needed
Who is eligible for the program?
- Parents and/or medical providers who have concerns about development and are
- Residents of Fairfax County, Fairfax City or Falls Church City and have
- Infants 0-2
What services will my child get? Services may include :
- Screening and Evaluation
- Specialized teaching
- Referrals to other services as needed
- Visits by a Public Health Nurse
Who provides services?
- A physical therapist
- A pediatrician
- A public health nurse
Where can I get services?
- All offices excluding the Joseph Willard Health Center
SIGNS OF POSSIBLE CONCERNS
- Stiff or floppy muscles
- Not sitting alone by one year
- Not walking by 18 months
- Clumsy or falls often
- Trouble seeing or hearing
- Not speaking by age 2
- Medical history that puts your child at risk (e.g. premature birth)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON INFANT DEVELOPMENT.
American Academy of Pediatrics - Developmental Stages.