Tattoo Removal Program
The Fairfax Skindeep Tattoo Removal Program is a voluntary collaboration between Fairfax the Cities of Fairfax and Falls Church, families and/or care givers, Fairfax County public human service agencies, and Community-Based Organizations. The purpose of the program is to remove gang related tattoos from area youth.
- Increase positive alternatives to gang involvement through public and private sector collaboration;
- Reduce violent crime which threatens at-risk youth;
- Support Fairfax County human service case manager/mentor planning;
- Enhance educational opportunity;
- Encourage participation in job training and basic skills;
- Cooperate with other Community-Based Organizations interested in tattoo removal;
- Ensure parsimonious utilization of public funding;
- Provide opportunity for community service;
- Create productive, tax-paying citizens of the Fairfax-Falls Church Area.
- Attend 100% of education classes and pass with “C” or better grades;
- Seek 100% active remunerative employment if educational objective has been met;
- Maintain 100% drug and alcohol sobriety during the period of program participation;
- Demonstrate compliance with Youth Participation Agreement and/or signed Rules of Probation;
- Improve self-esteem by removing socially stigmatizing and discrediting tattoos;
- Complete of 40 hours of community service by each youth prior to tattoo removal.