Memorial Day Holiday: All Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) programs, activities and facilities, including Fastran services, will be closed on Monday, May 27 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
- Application for Field and Gym Permits Information on reserving fields and gyms and downloadable permit applications.
- Frequently Asked Questions About reserving and using fields and gyms
- Park Authority Athletic Field Closure Status Listing of Park Authority fields closed due to weather or field conditions. This information can also be accessed by calling the facility cancellation hotline at 703-324-5264.
- Gym Holiday Closures. Gyms will not be available on Fairfax County Public Schools holidays.
- Gym Closure Status (Inclement Weather) - Please check the facility cancellation hotline at 703-324-5264 for updates on gym closures due to inclement weather.
- Gym Regulations - Guidelines and regulations for gym users.
- Gym Regulations for Outdoor Sports Using Gyms - Specific guidelines and regulations for gym users playing outdoor sports such as soccer, baseball, and softball.
- Volunteer Building Directors - Information on becoming a Volunteer Building Director (VBD). All gym users must have a building director on site at all times.
- Park Authority Field Regulations - Guidelines and regulations for park field users.
- Public Schools Field Regulations - Guidelines and regulations for school field users.
- Diamond Field Maintenance – Regular field maintenance is provided by the Fairfax County Park Authority, in cooperation with Fairfax County Public Schools and NCS. To learn some basic skills and tips to help keep the fields in great shape, please watch our Field Maintenance Video.
- Synthetic Turf Field Information – Information on the scheduling and development of turf fields, including a listing of turf fields, notices of proposed field funding partnerships, and information on the Turf Field Mini-Grant Program.
Sports in Fairfax County
The Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services does not operate sports leagues or camps. Please visit the following links for information on participating in sports.
- Sports Directory - Listing of community-based sports leagues and organizations. Call 703-324-5533, TTY 711 for more information or a specific referral based on the athlete's age, sport, and community.
- Camps, Clinics, and Classes - Fairfax County Park Authority classes, camps, and clinics.
Allocation and Fee Policies & Guidelines
- Application Fee Policy - Description of the application fee for facility permits.
- Non County Fees - Description of the fees for participants who are not Fairfax County residents.
- Field Allocation Policy (pdf) - Guides the allocation and scheduling of athletic fields and outlines the requirements for field users. *Information on the policy development process.
- Synthetic Turf Field Scheduling Guidelines - Guides the allocation and scheduling of synthetic turf fields.
- Policy for Allocating Field Time to Partner Organizations on Synthetic Turf Fields (pdf) Guides the allocation of synthetic turf fields developed with funding from community athletic organizations. * Information on the policy development process
- Gym Allocation Policy (pdf) - Guides the allocation and scheduling of gyms and outlines the requirements for gym users. *Information on the policy development process.
Programs and Services
- Culmore Soccer Camp - Free summer soccer camp for youth ages 6 to 15. Held at Bailey's Elementary School. (2013 Culmore Soccer Registration)
- Hershey Track Meet - Kids between 9 and 14 who love to run, jump and throw, these are the games for you. 2013 Hershey Results for Boys and Girls
- Youth Sports Scholarship Program - English (pdf) - Spanish (pdf) - Important Information for Parents. Scholarship assistance for youth to participate in organized athletics. Important information for youth sports administrators.
- Fairfax County Athletic Council - A volunteer Advisory Council, which is appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.
- Champions of Character Awards – Champions of Character Awards recognizes youth athletes, parents, and coaches for demonstrating positive character in youth sports. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, August 31, 2013.