Youth Sports Scholarship
Guidelines to Assist when Submitting
Youth Sport Scholarship Program Applications
Listed below are a few reminders and guidelines to assist when submitting youth sports scholarship applications.
- Submit all applications together as a group by the season deadline or before if possible. NCS will not accept applications from individuals. I will forward to you any applications that I receive.
- Check applications for parent signature and financial aid verification. Verification can be made by attaching official documents or by including an official signature. Financial aid verification does not have to include both. See the application instructions for approved types of aid verification documents.
- Include a typed list of applicants’ names, sport, and registration fee with the applications submitted. Include the total amount of reimbursement requested.
- Place all applications in an envelope and mail to NCS, Athletic Services Division - Scholarship Program, 12011 Government Center Parkway, Tenth Floor, Fairfax, VA 22035-1115.
- For your records, you should keep a copy of the applications also.
- Remember-athletes have a $150.00 limit per season and $300.00 limit per year. Spring sports should note that some athletes may have used the $300 allotment before they even participate with the spring sport.
- The amount of registration reimbursements depends of the number of athletes that apply. Every valid application will receive something. The rate of reimbursement should be somewhere between 45% and 65% of what is requested.
- It takes approximately 4 – 8 weeks from the deadline date until the applications are completely processed and groups receive their reimbursement checks.
You will be notified when the applications have been processed and the
reimbursement request has been sent to the finance office.
Please contact us at: Athleticservices@fairfaxcounty.gov or 703-324-5610, TTY 711 with questions.