Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council
The Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council (CLC) bring together the leadership of each major religion and branch or association of a religion in Fairfax County to promote the health and well-being of Fairfax County residents through interfaith collaboration and actions.
The Council meets four (4) times a year to facilitate faith community:
- Communications and relationships;
- Access to resources;
- Engagement in strengthening and developing community resources;
- Engagement in coordinated and collaborative community actions; and
- Promotion and facilitation of community resilience during and after a crisis
The CLC supports the work of the Fairfax County Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) and the FCIA Committees.
The Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council (CLC) membership is composed of liaisons from Fairfax county religions, spiritual communities and denominations within religions.
The Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council (CIC) Executive Committee is comprised of one Chairperson, two Vice-Chairs, and one Chairperson from each Committee. The Executive Committee meets six times a year.
Faith Communities In Action
The Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership supports Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) and the FCIA Committees. Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) is a network of faith communities, faith and community-based organizations, and government agencies that promote a respectful, healthy, and caring community through countywide interfaith, government and non-profit organization dialogue, information exchange, and coordination. Participation is open to all faith communities. FCIA meets six times a year on the second Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm in the Fairfax County Government Center to share information, network and coordinate.
Faith Communities In Action Committees
The Fairfax County Clergy and Leadership Council supports the Faith Communities in Action (FCIA) Committees. The FCIA Committees are representatives from houses of worship and faith based organizations who address issues of interest or concern relevant to faith communities. Committees invite government, non-profit organizations, and civic groups to meetings to enhance knowledge, communication and coordination. Committees:
- Study human and community programs and services addressing issues of interest or concern to faith communities;
- Identify and promote service best practices;
- Identify and promote the strengthening of programs and services;
- Promote the development of programs and services to fill service gaps;
- Engage in government and community initiatives to strengthen programs and services;
- Develop or promote communications about and access to programs and services;
- Develop or promote prevention education initiatives; and
- Develop or promote coordination initiatives between faith communities, government, non-profit organizations and civic groups.
List of Faith Communities In Action Committees
FCIA and Fairfax County Clergy & Leadership Council Executive Committee
Rabbi David Kalender
Reverend Liza Rzepka
Imam Mohamed Magid
Reverend Bruce Langwiser
Domestic Violence Prevention Committee Chairperson
Mr. Tom Lambiase
Interfaith Emergency Planning Committee Chairperson
Homelessness Prevention and Housing Opportunities Committee Chairperson
Imam Mohamed Magid
Interfaith Community Dialogue for Understanding and Respect Committee Chairperson
Children & Youth Committee Chairperson
Older Adult Ministries Committee Chairperson
Other Leaders within the FCIA and Fairfax County Clergy & Leadership Council
Cantor Michael Shochet
Fairfax County Community Chaplain Corps
Interfaith Communities for Dialogue
McLean Community Connections Dialogue Circle
Fairfax County Community Interfaith Coordination
Department of Neighborhood & Community Services
12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 405
Fairfax, VA 22035
Phone: 703-324-3453, TTY 711