Center Without Walls
The Fairfax County Center Without Walls program is a public/private partnership that brings local government together with residents, businesses and houses of worship to provide all the benefits in programming and activities for older adults in communities where a senior center facility is not located. The Center Without Walls program currently serves older adults in the Burke/West Springfield and Great Falls communities.
Don't miss out on the fun, contact the program closest to you and register today!
Each Center Without Walls program is a community/volunteer-run program with support from the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services.
Burke/West Springfield Center Without Walls
Programming focuses primarily on exercise and fitness for older adults, including Tai Chi and Zumba classes.
For information about registration and programming, please contact the Pinn Community Center at 703-250-9181, TTY 711 or email email@example.com.
For activity details and schedules, visit the community-based website at www.scwow.org.
Great Falls Senior Center Without Walls
Programming focuses primarily on social gatherings and continuing education for older adults, including technology workshops, trips, current events discussions and guest speakers/lecturers on a variety of topics.
For information about registration and programming, please contact the Human Services Region 3 Office at 703-787-4962, TTY 711.
For activity details and schedules, visit the community-based website at www.gfseniors.org.
The success of the Center Without Walls program relies on the support of many community partners and volunteers. A Volunteer Community Liaison acts as an activity coordinator and helps support the participating community by preparing for and leading scheduled activities. The Volunteer Community Liaison works closely with program partners to ensure the success of the activity and the safety of those involved. Some tasks can include:
- Attending planning sessions with Center Without Walls partners
- Greeting and announcing speakers/presenters
- Maintaining registration forms in case of emergency and ensure that class enrollment doesn't exceed the maximum allowable limit
- Keeping the activity on schedule
- Distributing and collecting feedback surveys on program activities
- Ensuring that the facility is left in clean condition following activities
If you are interested in volunteering to support the Center Without Walls program as a partner or as a Volunteer Community Liaison, please contact the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services:
- Burke/West Springfield Center Without Walls: (Phone) 703-250-9181, TTY 711 (Email) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Falls Senior Center Without Walls: (Phone) 703-787-4962, TTY 711