Youth Sports Safety Summit
Saturday, April 21 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Fairfax County Government Center - 12011 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
More than 38 million children and adolescents in the U.S. participate in organized sports annually. It estimated that about 3.5 million of those youth receive medical attention for sports related injuries. Many experts believe that approximately 50% of all these injuries are preventable. Please join us for a Youth Sports Safety Summit which will feature:
- Keynote address by Chris Nowinski, President and Co-founder of the Sports Legacy Institute
- Health and safety policy development for youth sports leagues
- Concussion recognition and management in youth athletes
- Sports nutrition and the role of supplements
- Heat illness and environmental safety
- Overuse injuries in adolescents.
This event is free and open to youth sports league administrators, coaches and parents. Pre-registration is required. For more information, please contact Athletic Services at 703-324-5533, TTY 711, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.