The Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) provides emergency mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery services to the residents of Fairfax County.
What does OEM do?
- Manages the county’s emergency operations center and duty officer program.
- Provides emergency planning in such areas as special needs, continuity of operations and emergency operations.
- Sends messages via the Fairfax Alerts.
- Manages the county’s Citizen Corps program.
- Coordinates post disaster recovery activities and manages the post disaster strategic program.
- Conducts and facilitates training and exercise programs on intra-agency, inter-agency and multi-jurisdictional levels.
- Maintains the Emergency Operations Plan, which covers all natural disasters and man-made disasters excluding nuclear war and provides a basis for the development of programs and procedures to save lives and minimize disaster damage, and to expedite recovery operations after such a disaster. The development and maintenance of this plan and supporting plans is the basis of the local emergency management program.
Emergency Preparedness Presentations
- OEM staff is also available to give presentations on emergency preparedness to your homeowner's association, civic group, business or faith community.
- Contact us to learn more.
Profile on the Office of Emergency Management
Emergency Operations Plan
- Read the county's Emergency Operations Plan