Taking time to plan and prepare, will help you lessen your impact for future emergencies. What do you need to do today?
• Host a conversation with family/ friends/ co-workers.
• Discuss hazards that may impact you and how you can prepare for them.
• Determine whether to shelter-in-place or evacuate.
• Discuss how you will communicate if communication outlets are failing.
• Once your plan is ready, print hard-copies and save them in a safe and easily accessible place. Make sure everyone is familiar with the plan and practices it!
• Also, keep a copy in your emergency kits (shelter-in-place, go bag, and vehicle). You should review and update your plans and emergency kits twice a year: when your clock "falls back" or "springs forward."