About Fire Corps
Fire Corps is a partnership between the International Association of Fire Chiefs' Volunteer & Combination Officers Section (VCOS), and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). The program's ultimate goal is to support and supplement resource-constrained fire and emergency service departments at all levels, volunteer, combination, and career. This is accomplished through the use of citizen volunteers involved in non-emergency roles. The program educates departments on how to implement or expand Fire Corps programs. Input to the program is provided through the Fire Corps National Advisory Committee which provides strategic direction and important feedback from the field to Fire Corps.
- learn about promising practices being used in existing non-operational volunteer programs;
- share this information with departments that want to expand or improve their programs;
- increase the use of non-emergency volunteers in existing programs;
- help citizens learn about and get involved in Fire Corps programs in their communities;
- help agencies without a program to get one started.
If you are interested in volunteering for Fire Corps, please contact the Fire and Rescue Department's Volunteer Liaison's Office at 703-246-4683 or click here.