USDA Child Care Food Program
The Office for Children sponsors the USDA Food Program for children in family child care homes. The Food Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and follows nutrition guidelines similar to the National School Lunch Program. Under the program, family child care providers:
To participate in the Food Program, you must:
- Hold a current Fairfax County child care permit or state license.
- Follow the USDA meal pattern.
- Serve nutritious foods.
- Submit menus and attendance records each month for reimbursement.
- Record meal or snack at the time it is served (point of service).
- Allow a minimum of three home visits per year.
- Attend training at least once a year.
Submitting Your Claim
- USDA forms are easy to follow and submit.
- Get help from your child care specialist the first month you join the Food Program.
- Submit your claim online from any computer with Internet access.
- The online system, Minute Menu Web HX, is easy to learn. We can help you to use Minute Menu Web HX.
Want to Enroll in the Food Program?
As soon as you have children in your care, call 703-324-8100 to register for a Food Program orientation or in-home Food Program training.