Fire Safety Visit
You should contact the Fire and Rescue Department at 703-246-4660 and schedule the fire safety visit. The inspector will review home fire hazards with you. Some of the required fire safety items are listed below.
- Working smoke detectors on each level of the home.
- A working fire extinguisher mounted in or near the kitchen.
- An emergency evacuation/fire plan.
- A clear passage to the circuit breaker box and around the furnace area.
- Extension cords and multi-plug adapters are not acceptable in the home.
- A working carbon monoxide alarm in homes where appliances may produce carbon monoxide.
- Fireplaces, woodstoves, and chimneys shall be inspected and cleaned annually.
- Telephone service that is available, operable and accessible during the home child care facility's hours of operation.
Go back to: Apply for a Family Child Care Permit