USDA Child Care Food Program

USDA Food Program: Serve Nutritious Meals and Earn Cash!

Get the flyer in English and Spanish.

The Office for Children sponsors the USDA Food Program for children in family child care homes. The Food Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and follows nutrition guidelines similar to the National School Lunch Program. Under the program, family child care providers:

  • Receive reimbursements for meals and snacks served to children in care.
  • Receive training on nutrition, menu planning and shopping, budgeting, food safety, and children's nutrition activities.
  • Consult with registered dietitians employed by the Office for Children.

Slideshow image

Program Requirements
To participate in the Food Program, you must:

  • Hold a current Fairfax County child care permit or state license.
  • Follow the USDA meal pattern.
  • Serve nutritious foods.
  • Submit menus and attendance records each month for reimbursement.
  • Record meal or snack at the time it is served (point of service).
  • Allow a minimum of three home visits per year.
  • Attend training at least once a year.

Submitting Your Claim

  • USDA forms are easy to follow and submit.
  • Get help from your child care specialist the first month you join the Food Program.

  • OR

  • Submit your claim online from any computer with Internet access.
  • The online system, Minute Menu Web HX, is easy to learn. We can help you to use Minute Menu Web HX.

Want to Enroll in the Food Program?

As soon as you have children in your care, call 703-324-8100 to register for a Food Program orientation or in-home Food Program training.


To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 800-795-3272 or TTY 202-720-6382 . USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2015

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version