Child Care Assistance and Referral
The Child Care Assistance and Referral program provides financial assistance for child care to low and moderate income Fairfax County families who are working, or who are in education/training programs and need assistance with paying for the cost of child care. The program pays for child care in centers, family child care homes, or School Age Child Care.
Who is Eligible?
- Low and moderate income families who work or are in training (see chart below).
- Families that receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Families that participate in the Virginia Initiative for Employment Not Welfare program.
- Families that care for Fairfax County children who are in Foster Care.
- Families that are part of the Child Protective Services system.
- Families with children with special needs, as well as homeless families that apply while they are in a shelter.
CCAR Eligibility Chart
(Effective January 1, 2014)
Yearly Income Up To
Larger families with higher incomes may also be eligible for assistance. Interested families should telephone CCAR to determine eligibility and fees.
What Parents Pay
Depending on eligibility, families may be responsible for paying only a portion of the weekly child care fee. CCAR may pay the remaining amount, and also a program registration fee for one year. Parents are responsible for all other charges, including overtime and late fees. Parent fees are:
- Based on income, size of family and the number of children in care.
- Paid directly to the provider.
How to Apply